Saturday, April 11, 2009

Randy's Sagebrush Update!


Captn,

Wow is this ever late but better late than never I guess. Well my FAVORITE race has come and gone and man was it f***kin fun. I rolled in early on Friday morning got all set up and waited for the rest of the boners to arrive so we could pre-ride the course, but they couldn't get there till late so I ended up pre-riding by myself on Friday afternoon and dude it was f**kin cold. I was going to ride the expert loop up MT. Pinos but I got a third of the way and was freezing my LITTLE peppers off so I turned around and finished and went back to camp. Roger Vanessa and king James showed up in late afternoon settled in and I proceeded to get on with the drinking.

Saturday morning was a little nicer and a little warmer so we all shuttled up to the top of MT. Pinos and rode the single track down then I went back to camp to get my bike ready for Sundays race and Roger,Vanessa, and King James went and rode the rest of the course which just about killed Roger man his tongue was dragging in the dirt when he got back. We all worked on bikes the rest of the afternoon then had some chow and Heidi,Darter, and Mark Thome and his date came by and watched mtb. dvd's and shot the shit it was a real fun evening.

Sunday we woke to 35 mile an hour wind (Santa Ana) so it was very dusty and kinda cold in the morning. On to the race I had 22 guys in my class and at the start I lead threw the first couple turns and on to the pavement for about the first mile or so, now it's about 4 miles or so to the top of four corners and we had three a-hole's that were going to sit on mine and another guys wheel till we turned to do the real climb so as they passed I had a few choice words for them with no comments back (thank god for them) anyway we got to four corners and let the good times roll man it was SO MUCH FUN I hope they never take this race of the calender again it is without a doubt the funnest course we ride all year. Well when we were all done I ended up sixth which I was very happy with but still wish I could have been on the podium. Everyone I talked to that had never been there before was so jacked they just loved the place.

All in all it was a GREAT weekend. I want to says thanks to all of our sponsors because without them I wouldn't be able to make it as many races as I do during the so thank you very much everyone, and a special thanks to Jim Wanamakebabies he's always asking if there's anything we need and is always willing to do whatever to help us out so thanks a lot Jim.

I also talked with Tom Spiegel and he was very stoked with turn-out over 580 riders showed up on a back to back race weekends so that was outstanding. Well Captn. I think that's it unfortunately I will not be at Sea-Otter or Santa Ynez but should be at Big Bear ot Idyllwild which ever is next. Have a good one man and we'll talk to ya soon.

Randy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home